...it seems things are only worse now. They didn't keep her at the hospital, called me at 3:15pm to tell they were sending her back because "there were no medical reasons to keep her" - of course, as they didn't perform any of the exams her physician has asked for!
Her doctor won't be here before tomorrow afternoon. And what can she do? Send her to another hospital? The main one? Where they kept once Paul from 4pm to midnight in a corridor, not giving him a drop of water when his kidneys disease asks for that on a regular basis?
She needs continuous help now, the nurse will come before diner, Sophie (who comes to wash Paul) will give her her diner, and I'll go around 10:30pm to put her to bed. Praying she doesn't fall once again like yesterday night, when I was called at a quarter to midnight. And I don't know how we'll manage for the coming days. I'll have to go help her eat at noon, hurrying to be back and feed Paul.
If I could, I'd keep both Paul and Mom here, but it's absolutely impossible to create a second bedroom and a shower downstairs, and they both need to be on the groundfloor. Not mentioning they would fight all the time. Send any of them to a "retirement house"? It's beyond our means and any of them would become crazy no times. Am I going to be asked to chose between my husband and my mother?
Perhaps if I can find a guard for her at home, only we'll need one for the day, one for the night and one for the week-end... And wait 4 or 6 months to obtain some financial aid.
I'm at a lost, really. Thanks again for your support, that's so good to hear from you. You're the bests!
Sophie and I helped her with her diner but it was one hour for a few spoons. Sophie gave me the name and phone of a gerontologist in the next town, I must call him first hour in the morning to ask for an urgent visit. Crossing fingers, because Mom really needs serious help.