Mom's cat Pomponnet has been badly injured in the foreleg, and the vet says it will take at least 2 weeks (perhaps one full month) to fully heal.
She's using a way of protecting his primary bandage I didn't know of and which proves very efficient- all of you who
She's using tubular bandage.
Here's how it works:
1) Take a good length (at least 60 cm, or 2 feet), and cut along in half keeping uncut a sufficient length to protect the leg:
2) Make a solid knot at the uncut end:
3) Slip the tubular bandage on the foreleg:
4) Pass one of the "ribbons" around the chest, under the un-injured foreleg and make a good knot in the back:
5) Don't forget the Elizabethan collar, of course:
I suppose this can be adapted easily enough to a hind leg.